Priyanka Chopra won the Femina Miss India-World title(2000) and later proven herself as an actress in Bollywood and Hollywood too.
Priyanka Chopra was born on July 18, 1982 in Jamshedpur, India, to Ashok Chopra, and Madhu Chopra. Both her parents were doctors in the Indian Army. She has a younger brother, Siddharth. As her father was in army, he often got moved. As a result, Priyant spent her childhood in cities such as Delhi, Pune, Lucknow, Bareilly, and Ladakh. She received her education from several schools including La Martiniere Girls’ School, Lucknow and St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly.
At the age of 13, she was sent to United States to do her higher education. Here she used to live with her aunt. In the USA, Priyanka went to schools in Newton, Massachusetts, Iowa and New York, as her aunt’s family also shifted often.
Besides, the academics, she partook in several theatre productions and also learnt Western classical music, choral singing and Kathak dance. However, she wanted to become a software engineer or a criminal psychologist, rather than an actor.
Later, she came back to India and completed the senior year of her high-school education from the Army Public School, Bareilly. During this time, she also achieved honor of the local ‘May Queen’ beauty pageant.
- She appeared in Femina Miss India 2000 contest where she completed second, winning the Femina Miss India World title. She then went on to signify India in the Miss World pageant, where she was topped ‘Miss World 2000’.
- In 2002, she made her massive screen debut in the Tamil film, ‘Thamizhan’. The following year, she made her first appearance in a Bollywood film as the second female lead in the movie ‘The Hero: Love Story of a Spy’.
- In 2003, she featured in the love triangle ‘Andaaz’, alongside Akshay Kumar. Her part in this movie was renowned for the glamour measure she added to the film.
- In 2004, she showcased in the romantic comedy, ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’ which shown to be a big commercial success. The similar year, she also showcased in the thriller ‘Aitraaz’, depicting her first role as an opponent and accomplished much critical praise for her performance.
- In 2005, she performed in two successful projects, ‘Waqt: The Race Against Time’ and ‘Bluffmaster’.
- In 2006, she showcased in the superhero film ‘Krrish’, and the action-thriller ‘Don’. Both the films were professed worldwide box-office hits.
- In the next years, she acted in several movies including ‘Big Brother’ (2007), ‘Love Story 2050’ (2008), and ‘Drona’ (2008).
- In late 2008, she performed in the movie ‘Fashion’, a drama about the Indian fashion industry. Both, the film and her performance achieved much obligation from the critics. She followed this with the comedy ‘Dostana’ which was also a financial success.
- In 2011, she showcased as a femme fatale in black comedy ‘7 KhoonMaaf’ which harvested her much acclaim from critics.
- In 2012, she showcased in ‘Barfi!’, alongside Ranbir Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz. Her performance achievedenthusiastic reviews and the film proved to be a major commercial hit. The same year, her first international single, ‘In My City’, also performed, featuring singer will.i.am.
- In 2013, moreovershowcasing in the hugely successful movie ‘Krrish 3’, she also did two item numbers, ‘Babli Badmaash Hai’ and ‘Ram Chahe Leela’ which became bestsellers.
- In 2013, her second single titled ‘Exotic’ was released, featuring American rapper Pitbull in the music video. Her third single, a cover of Bonnie Raitt’s ‘I Can’t Make You Love Me’ was released the next year.
- In 2014, she performed as the main lead in ‘Mary Kom’, a biographical film about the five-time female world boxing winner and Olympic bronze medalist, Mary Kom. The film achieved many positive reviews from critics, and her acting was highly acclaimed.
- Priyanka Chopra achieved critical praise for her play of Jhilmil Chatterjee, an autistic woman, in the movie ‘Barfi!’ (2012). various critics stared it as the best performance of her career and one of the most perfectexplanations of a physical-psychological disability being existing on big screen.
Awards & Achievements:
- She was respected with the ‘National Film Award for Best Actress’ for her play in the movie ‘Fashion’ (2008).
- She has won four Filmfare Awards in her career: Best Female Debut for ‘Andaaz’ (2003), Best Performance in a Negative Role for ‘Aitraaz’ (2004), Best Actress for ‘Fashion’ (2008), and Critics Award for Best Actress for ‘7 Khoon Maaf’ (2011).
- In October 2012, her single ‘In My City’ won the Best International Debut award at the People’s Choice Awards India.
Personal Life & Legacy:
- However she has been lovingly linked several times with her co-actors, including Shahid Kapoor and Harman Baweja, she still maintains her single status and now dating with Nick Jones.
Priyanka Chopra has been connected with numerous philanthropic causes. These comprise: “Save Girl Child” campaign (a campaign against female infanticide and foeticide), and “Awakening Youth” (an anti-addiction programme). She was also selected as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights
Priyanka Chopra Boyfriend, Height, Biography, Birthday,Family, Career, Wiki and Images:
|Real Name||Priyanka Chopra|
|Nickname||Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, PC|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Singer|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1982|
|Birthplace||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Hometown||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Debut||Film Debut: Thamizhan (2002, Tamil film), The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003, Bollywood film)
TV Debut: Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (2010, as host)
Singing Debut: Ullathai Killathe (2002, Tamil Film- Thamizhan
|Height, Weight & Body Measurements|
|Height in Centimeters||169 cm|
|Height in meters||1.69 m|
|Height in Inches||5′ 6½”|
|Weight in Kilograms||55 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||120 lbs|
|Waist Size||28 Inches|
|Hip Size||35 Inches|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Family and Relatives|
|Father||Late Ashok Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)|
|Mother||Madhu Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)|
|Brother||Siddharth Chopra (Younger)|
|Affairs, Boyfriends and Marital Status|
|Boyfriends||Aseem Merchant (Model)
Akshay Kumar (Actor)
Harman Baweja (Actor)
Shah Rukh Khan (Actor, rumour)
Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
|Husband/ Spouse||Not Known|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
|School||La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow
St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly
Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts
John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa
Army School, Bareilly
|College||Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai|
|Favorites Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favorite Actors||Matthew Mcconaughey, Tom Hardy, Mel Gibson, Shah Rukh Khan, Kishore Kumar and Dharmendra|
|Favorite Actresses||Rekha and Sushmita Sen|
|Favorite Food||Risotto, Burgers, French fries, Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Fish curry, Sarson ka saag, Bourbon biscuits, Red velvet cake|
|Favorite Movie||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
Hollywood: Jerry Maguire, Pretty Woman, Walk in the Clouds
|Hobbies||Singing, writing poems, reading, photography|
|Net Worth||$32 million|
|Salary (approx.)||9-10 Crore/film (INR)
$4 million/year for TV show (USR)
|House Address||Green Acres at Lokhandwala complex, Andheri, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Available|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Images Of Priyanka Chopra: