Lord Narasimha was the 4th incarnation of Lord Vishnu. On Narasimha Jayanti day Lord Vishnu appeared in the form of Narasimha, a half lion and half man, to kill Demon Hiranyakashipu.
Narasimha Jayant 2019 Date and Day
Narasimha Jayanti is celebrated is on Vaisakh Chaturdashi 14th day of Shukla Paksh. This year Narasimha Jayanti falls on May 17. All Lord Vishnu devotees also observe fast on this day.
Purpose of Narasimha Jayanti is to remove adharma and to follow the path of dharma
Narasimha Jayanti Rituals
- Devotee should wake up early during the Brahma muhurat and take a bath and wear new cloth.
- Devotees should perform puja and offer gram dal and jaggery to the deity. The puja ceremony should be done with friends and relatives offering items like flowers, sweets, kumkum, kesar and coconut.
- Special puja is performed on this day with idol or picture of Lord Narsimha and Goddess Laxmi.
- Narasimha Jayanti fast is broken next day after sunrise
Narasimha Jayanti Muhurat
- Madhyahna Sankalp Time = 10:57 to 13:38
- Narasimha Jayanti Sanyakal Puja Time = 16:20 to 19:02
- Duration = 2 Hours 41 Mins
- On 18th, Parana Time for Narasimha Jayanti = 05:33 Onwards
- On Parana Day Chaturdashi would be over before Sunrise